Roadtec RX-700 Cold Planer
Featuring an 800 horsepower engine, the RX-700 cold planner is available with either four-track or three-track assemblies.
Built with the Astec focus on balanced weight distribution, the RX-700 is a heavy-duty machine that is user-friendly in both operation and maintenance. The machine cuts up to 14” (35.6 cm) deep. Standard widths are 6'7" (201cm), 7'2" (218 cm), 8'2" (249cm), and 10' (305cm). Like all Astec cold planers, this model features a 60-degree front load-out conveyor swing.
Asphalt MillingAsphalt milling, also known as cold planing, is the removal of top layers of an asphalt surface to provide an improved surface for repaving. It is a cost-effective and sustainable process that can be repeated as needed.Learn More
Cold-in-Place RecyclingLearn More
Cold-in-place recycling (CIR) involves removing a portion of existing asphalt pavement with a cold planer (asphalt mill). The milled asphalt is mixed with additives and the surface is repaved using the recycled asphalt mixture. Instead of applying all new hot mix asphalt, CIR producers remove and treat the existing asphalt with bituminous and/or chemical additives, and then use that remixed asphalt to pave the road.
All specifications subject to change without notice.
Intuitive Cold Planer Controls
- Simplified controls
- Provide easy operation from either side of the platform
- Can be operated with one hand to allow for truck signaling
Dust Extraction System
- Removes dust and debris from the milling operation through a hydraulic fan at the primary conveyor
- Dust is ejected at the end of the secondary conveyor into the dump truck
- Material exiting the secondary conveyor belt helps to channel the fine material into the dump truck
ACE Grade Control
- Automated Control of Elevation® (ACE) automates machine elevation through grade and slope sensors
- Operator and ground crew can easily adjust grade and slope parameters in real time
- Depth and slope are continuously displayed
- Can be coupled with Auto-Cut™, which automates machine’s rear elevation as it enters each cut
Rear Object Detection
- Stops the cold planer if a person or object is behind the machine while it is in reverse
- Includes additional sensors and ground level buttons allowing members of the crew to disable reverse
Safe, Functional Platform
- Operator platform conveniently accessed from the right or the left side
- Two control stations allow machine operation from either side
- Steering is controlled from the tops of the front legs using steering keys that are easily replaceable
- Innovative design requires no linkage under the primary conveyor between the front legs, which adds to the overall accessibility of the machine
- Steering modes include crab, coordinated, rear only, and front only