Last modified: May 20, 2021
Astec Industries, Inc. (“Astec” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.astecindustries.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Astec or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, the country you reside in, or the name of your employer (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, subscribing to our email mailing list, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Astec, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To send you information when you subscribe to our email mailing list.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Astec’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Astec about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply agreements we may have with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Astec, our customers, or others.
We may employ third party companies to facilitate a service (“Service Providers”), to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how the Website is used. These Service Providers have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Service Providers may be used for the purpose of analytics, ad server, and other such services. Some of these third parties may have their own privacy policies, which may give you additional protections. You are encouraged to read those policies when presented.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA Privacy Notice.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
In compliance with the European Union (“EU”) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we may rely upon one or more legal bases defined in the GDPR to collect, use, share and otherwise process the personal information of individuals located in the EU, including where:
- Necessary to perform a contract we have with you, such as our terms of engagement, and to provide the services;
- You have consented to the processing (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time);
- Necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- Necessary in the public interest; and
- Necessary for the purposes of Astec or a third party’s legitimate interests, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Where we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your information based on legitimate interests, we may rely on the following interests:
- Marketing our products: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our products to you. For example, where permitted by digital marketing law, we may contact you by email to let you know of products you might be interested in.
- Providing, improving and developing our products: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in tailoring and improving our products. For example, we may send you a survey or questionnaire to understand your experience in purchasing from us.
If you are located in the EU, under certain circumstances, you may have certain legal rights under the GDPR, including:
- To access the personal data we maintain about you
- To receive information about how we process your personal data
- To correct your personal data
- To have your personal data erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your personal data
- To request your personal data be transferred to a third party
- To withdraw any consent you may have given us to process your personal data
If you are an EU resident, you have the right to object to our processing that is based on legitimate interests by contacting us at the address or number below. If you are located in the EU and you believe that we have infringed your rights under the GDPR, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
[email protected], +1.423.847.2324 or toll-free at 866.998.6710