Roadtec RX-600 Cold Planer
The RX-600 is a 675 horsepower cold planer available with 4-track assemblies or optional 3-track assemblies.
This lighter weight versatile machine cuts up to 13” (330 m) deep with a width of 6'3" (1.9 m), 6'7" (2 m), or 7'2" (2.184 m). The RX-600 is light and maneuverable for urban situations. A two-stage front load-out conveyor, with a 60° swing to either side, provides ample loading capacity.
Asphalt MillingAsphalt milling, also known as cold planing, is the removal of top layers of an asphalt surface to provide an improved surface for repaving. It is a cost-effective and sustainable process that can be repeated as needed.Learn More
Roadtec Cold Planers BrochureDownload (pdf) 2 MB
Astec-Roadtec-RX-600-Cold-Planer-Asphalt-Mill-Spec-Sheet-EnglishDownload (pdf) 653 KB
All specifications subject to change without notice.
Intuitive Cold Planer Controls
- Simplified controls
- Provide easy operation from either side of the platform
- Can be operated with one hand to allow for truck signaling
ACE Grade Control
- Automated Control of Elevation® (ACE) automates machine elevation through grade and slope sensors
- Operator and ground crew can easily adjust grade and slope parameters in real time
- Depth and slope are continuously displayed
- Can be coupled with Auto-Cut™, which automates machine’s rear elevation as it enters each cut
Dust Extraction System
- Removes dust and debris from the milling operation through a hydraulic fan at the primary conveyor
- Dust is ejected at the end of the secondary conveyor into the dump truck
- Material exiting the secondary conveyor belt helps to channel the fine material into the dump truck
Rear Object Detection
- Stops the cold planer if a person or object is behind the machine while it is in reverse
- Includes additional sensors and ground level buttons allowing members of the crew to disable reverse
Variable Cutter System
- Exclusive VCS System allows cold planers to cut at widths of 24” (610 mm), 36”(914 mm), 48” (1,219 mm), and 60” (1,524 mm) without changing the cutter housing
- Hydraulically adjustable segmented rear moldboard included
- Steering is controlled from the tops of the front legs using steering keys that are easily replaceable
- Innovative design requires no linkage under the primary conveyor between the front legs, which adds to the overall accessibility of the machine
- Steering modes include crab, coordinated, rear only, and front only
Safe, Functional Platform
- Operator platform conveniently accessed from the right or the left side
- Two control stations allow machine operation from either side
Thank you for filling out our form.