Roadtec RX-505 Cold Planer
Power and solid construction make the RX-505 ideal for high-productivity milling.
The RX-505 offers enhanced features and is built for easy maintenance and superior operator comfort and safety. The cold planer cuts up to 13” (330 mm) deep and includes a 60° front load-out conveyor swing. The RX-505 incorporates high-function conveyors as well as automated controls for rpm, water, elevation, load, and traction.
Asphalt MillingAsphalt milling, also known as cold planing, is the removal of top layers of an asphalt surface to provide an improved surface for repaving. It is a cost-effective and sustainable process that can be repeated as needed.Learn More
All specifications subject to change without notice.
- Simplified controls are easily operated from either side of the platform
- Multifunction joystick controls are easy to understand
- Expanded on-board diagnostics keep the operator informed of changes made from ground controls
Angled Rear Moldboard
- Angled rear moldboard can be set in a fixed position or in float mode.
- Float allows the moldboard to adjust up and down with the elevation of the cut,
- Height of the rear moldboard is fully adjustable.
- When the moldboard is fully raised the engine is shut down for safety
- Both the rear and front moldboard are angled toward the drum by 10° to prevent material from accumulating around the drum
- Increases component life, production rates, and efficiency
Belt Lift Device
- Lifts the cutter drum drive belt from the clutch pulley
- Improves safety when performing drum maintenance
Drum Index Device
- Rotates the drum independent of the cutter belt drive
- Air compressor can safely operate while the engine is running
- Safely advance the cutter drum using a magnetic based control box
- Large drawers are conveniently positioned for storage and protection
- Storage capacity of grade control sensors, cables and HMI panels
ACE Grade Control
- Automated Control of Elevation® (ACE) automates machine elevation through grade and slope sensors
- Operator and ground crew can easily adjust grade and slope parameters in real time
- Depth and slope are continuously displayed
- Can be coupled with Auto-Cut™, which automates machine’s rear elevation as it enters each cut
Variety of Cutter Drums
- Specialty cutter drum designs, from wide spaced excavating patterns to fine spaced micro milling patterns
- Double-hit drums improve production without sacrificing quality of cut
- Multiple tooling options available
- All drums are designed and manufactured using three-dimensional solid modeling and highly accurate robotic welding