Asphalt Construction Heater School - 2023
November Session Added!
Thank you to everyone that has signed up for the Astec training course. Because of high demand for the course, we have decided to add another session in November. Use the form at the bottom of this page to register.
Welcome 2023 Attendees!
Thank you for your interest in Astec’s 2023 Asphalt Construction Heater Training course! We look forward to the opportunity to address your training needs.
We succeed by helping you succeed.
Astec is offering a 2-day educational course on Asphalt Construction Heaters and Heating Systems at our facility in Chattanooga, TN. This course brings you together with experienced instructors to explore the best practices and techniques for safely operating heating systems at your plant.
Our goal is to provide the most valuable experience for all attendees. During the training sessions of training, instructors and attendees together will cover topics including:
- Heater Preventative Maintenance
- Safety Controls Testing Procedures
- Thermal Fluid Application and Filtration
- Reading Electrical Schematics
- Gas and Oil Burner Operation
- Power Flame Burner Basics and Maintenance
- Fireye Flame Monitor Error Messages and Troubleshooting
- Heatec Manufacturing Tour
Hands On Training Classes:
- Heater Tuning Procedures
- Damper Control Adjustments
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Fluid Flow Basics
- Honeywell Modulating Damper Motor
- Modulation Controller Configuration
- Fireye YB110 Monitor
- Fuel Gun Maintenance
- Combustion Analysis Basics
- SIHI Pump Rebuilding
- Basic Electrical and Relay Wiring
- Preheater Controls
- Asphalt Storage Tanks Best Practices and Maintenance
- Level Indication Systems including Seimens Pressure Transmitter and Vega Radars
Dining and Entertainment
We are going to make sure you stay fed and entertained throughout the entire school. Each morning you will have a hot breakfast at the hotel and provide transportation to Astec’s training center. Lunches will be provided each day. Snacks and drinks will be provided during class breaks. We will have dinners scheduled for both evenings.
Registration Is Now Open
Construction Heater Service School is being held at Astec-Wilson
5200 Wilson Rd
Chattanooga, TN 37410
October 3 - 4, 2023 (Sold Out)
November 7-8, 2023
Cost per attendee is $1550
Space is limited. Seats are first come, first serve.
Transportation will be provided between the hotel and Astec training facility.
We have negotiated a special rate for our attendees at the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown for $135 per night. Book your stay with the discounted rate using the following links for the corresponding dates of the session you have signed up for: