Visitor Safety Awareness
All Visitors Are Required To Be Escorted By An Astec Employee
Below are the visitor PPE requirements and safety awareness of the manufacturing processes.
- Hard hats are not required in the facility, but are required by MSHA at a quarry or mine.
- Safety glasses with side shields are required in the manufacturing area and the yard. AMS will provide if needed.
- Hearing protection required in the pre-fabrication / welding areas and also any high noise operation in assembly / paint. AMS will provide if needed.
- Yellow safety vests are required for visitor identification. AMS will provide if needed.
- Legs protected with long pants, spark and weld arc hazards.
- Foot protection, sturdy closed toe shoes required in the walking zones. Safety toe shoes required in the work zones.
- Walkways – must stay with your escort.
- Yellow safe walkway – watch for fork truck traffic.
- Safe walk zones in the manufacturing area are the center of the area shared with the material handling traffic.
- Walking in the yard – watch for truck traffic and equipment in operation.
- Stay visible to all drivers.
Overhead crane operation
Fork truck traffic
Welding arc / grinding sparks