Astec pugmills and pugmill plants provide portability with an aggressive mixing action.
The continuous-mix plants include two counter-rotating shafts with paddles and timing gears to keep the mix moving at the optimal speed for the best-quality mix. Controlled blending and automatic proportioning ensure the consistent end product your operation requires. Multiple configurations of ingredient feed systems provide flexibility and ease-of-operation.
AggregatesThere are two main classes of aggregates: natural and manufactured. Deleterious material needs to be removed from both classes of aggregates. Processing these materials typically requires various steps including reduction and sizing and also may include dewatering and sorting. Producers can use a variety of crushing, screening, dewatering and conveying equipment to meet their desired specifications.Learn More
Concrete RecyclingConcrete is one of the most recycled materials in the world that can be repurposed several times over. Once the existing concrete is demolished or torn up, it needs to be processed for accurate shaping and sizing using a crusher and screen.Learn More
Construction AggregatesConstruction aggregate is typically medium or coarse material that is used in construction applications. Processing this material may include reducing its size with a crusher, sizing the crushed material with a screen and conveying the material into different stockpiles.Learn More
ConstructionConstruction projects today depend on an available supply of quality concrete mix. With the most comprehensive line of concrete production equipment in the industry, Astec is ready to help meet that demand.Learn More
Construction and Demolition (C&D) RecyclingConstruction & Demolition Recycling (C&D) is mixed material associated with construction and demolition. The material could include wood, cardboard, plastic, metal, wire, roofing shingles, concrete and more. By separating and recycling different materials it reduces landfill use and tipping fees, while also producing value-added products.Learn More
Soil StabilizationLearn More
Soil Stabilization is essential when subgrade soils lack sufficient strength to support new pavements and foundations. The existing material is milled, and additives may be integrated to increase bearing capacity. The enhanced material is graded and compacted to provide a superior quality base for a new road or foundation.
All specifications subject to change without notice.
- Cement-treated base is a mixture of aggregate and/or soils combined with Portland cement and water
- Cold-mix asphalt is made with emulsified asphalt and a blend of virgin aggregate and/or RAP material
- Stabilization or encapsulation is required in a variety of environmental clean-up projects. The pugmill mixes these contaminated materials with stabilizing agents
- Adjustable to accommodate varying sizes of feed material
- Maximum particle size of 2”
- Tips can be rotated 90° to increase retention time in the mixing chamber
- Cast Ni-hard, reversible tips for lower maintenance costs
Adjustable Dam Gate
- Provided at discharge end
- Fully-raised gate increases chamber depth, ensuring enough material is in mixing zone
PLC Automation System
- System controls feed rate of each hopper separately
- Automatically maintains correct proportions
- Touch screen controls monitor on-plant motor loads, feed rate and blending in real-time