Roadtec RP-190 Highway Class Asphalt Paver
The RP-190 is a powerful, rubber-tired paver engineered for highway work.
The RP-190 features our exclusive anti-segregation design of the feed tunnel, discharge, and rear augers. The heavy-duty frame, solid front axle, and sturdy conveyors are engineered for durability. Seats of the dual operator stations can move hydraulically out beyond the sides of the machine to give the operator an excellent view down the sides of the machine. The four-way adjustable operator seats feature a ride control tension system for ultimate comfort.
Highway PavingLearn More
Highway class paving requires pavers that are strong, powerful, and productive. Highway class paving can range from one lane to multi-lane projects. These applications require pavers with large hoppers, wide paving widths, and a broad scope of screed compatibility.
Residential PavingResidential paving focuses on paving driveways, parking lots, cart paths, bike paths, footpaths, and other smaller areas. These smaller spaces are traveled via vehicle, bicycles, and foot daily, and examined at close range. Therefore, they demand attention to detail and focus. While these sites are smaller in scale than highway class or commercial class jobs, they still require asphalt paving machinery that can produce a quality mat with efficiency and productivity.Learn More
All specifications subject to change without notice.
Fume Extraction System
- Two fans draw fumes away from the crew
- Fumes and exhaust are directed through vents at the front of the engine hood
- This large amount of air moving over the hopper keeps the platform fume-free and cool
Swing Out Operator Stations
- Seats are adjustable and include suspension for ultimate comfort and safety
- Operator stations hydraulically swing out
- Seats move beyond the sides of the machine to give the operator a clear view down the sides of the paver
Hydraulic Pressure Sensors
- Continuously monitor hydraulic pressure
- Pressures are clearly displayed on the operator’s display
Solid Front Axle
- One-piece axle
- Adds to the paver’s frame strength and stability
Solid Push Roller
- A solid steel push bar and roller assembly engages with the load vehicles
- Maintains control and precision while laying the mat
- Hinged, dual apron plates on the conveyors
- Facilitate easy and convenient clean out at the end of the day
- Head and tail plates made of chromium carbide-clad plate, to stand up to the abrasiveness of aggregates
Ideal Operator Visibility
- Operator can clearly see in front of the machine and down to the auger box
- While seated, operator has an unobstructed view of the ground person
- Unobstructed view of work area
Durable Paver Frame
- All Astec pavers begin with a solid, one-piece durable steel frame completely fabricated, welded, and assembled by Astec
- A 2-inch think (5 cm) front bumper plate connects two thick continuous side sheets running the entire length of the frame.
- American-made custom craftsmanship yields a machine that is strong and durable
- Monitors machines in real time through a wireless signal
- Industry’s only live 2-way telematics system
- Includes software, on-machine viewing screens, and wireless signal boosters to send and receive data in real time
- Intuitive Live Schematics™ let owners and technicians view electrical circuits in a simple, efficient layout with real time status of switches, valves, and settings