Our Sustainability Commitment
Astec Industries is committed to continually strengthening global sustainability as we lead in the innovation of everything we do from Rock to Road. We are committed to decreasing the carbon footprint of our manufacturing operations on our journey of being a world class organization. Having sustainability as part of our OneAstec Business Model enables us to build on our foundation and continually advance our environmental initiatives. We strive to be environmentally responsible pillars for the communities in which we work and live.
We are developing tools to measure our carbon footprint and track our natural resource usage across our organization. We will analyze the data and provide templates and training for our site Green Teams to generate action plans to decrease our electricity, water, and natural gas consumption at our manufacturing sites. We will continue to implement energy saving technology projects like LED lighting upgrades which we have already implemented at 10 of our manufacturing sites. We will install our first solar panel renewable energy project at our Johannesburg South Africa site this year. Our Green Teams will be sponsored by site management to help create open communication and generate creativity to grow our sustainable improvements and drive efficiencies at our site and group levels. We expect our employees to adhere to these requirements, and we will train them on our sustainability commitment and initiatives.
At Astec Industries we will:
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, policies and standards
- Internally audit our sites to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations, policies, and company standards
- Analyze our practices and find ways to gain efficiencies throughout our manufacturing processes
- Track and manage our natural resource consumption, reduce waste, and minimize our impact on the environment
- Adopt and promote best practices that can advance our sustainability initiatives
- Apply environmental due diligence to acquisitions
We expect our suppliers to adhere to these requirements and our Supplier Code of Conduct.
We believe in natural resource conservation and sustainable business solutions throughout our product development and operational process. We will evaluate the environmental impact of our equipment, and reduce the impact through innovative solutions in our manufacturing processes. We drive our journey from a commitment of doing what is right and transparent for our stakeholders.
This commitment is overseen by the ESG Steering Committee made up of Executive Leadership Team members and our Chief Executive Officer.